Singing for Ukulele Players -- Building Joy and Confidence in Your Voice
In this lighthearted workshop, we'll explore vocal tools used by the pros and use our ukuleles to help us find the melody and rhythm of a song, using "Walking After Midnight" as our working song. Vocal teacher Jody Albright joins Ukulele Clare and Rebecca Padula in this special class where we’ll explore a variety of techniques, identify our vocal ranges, see how easy it is to change the key of a song to match different vocal ranges … and we’ll learn what the heck a key is!
In this 1.5-hour workshop, you'll:
- Loosen up with some physical and vocal warmups
- Learn how your breath can better support your singing
- Identify your vocal range and learn how to change song keys to match it
- Tune your voice and ear to the melody notes in a song
- Practice coordinating singing and playing the ukulele
- Get access to the class video for a full year
You will get the most out of this class if you can maintain a steady basic strum and switch among the following chords with ease: C, C7, Dm, F, and G.
Led by Jody Albright, a vocalist who enjoys singing many styles of music and especially loves to improvise. She is also a voice instructor and circle-singing leader. She has been performing and teaching since the 1980s. Jody has always been especially interested in helping people 'find their voice' and discover the joy of singing. She holds a Master’s degree in music from the New England Conservatory in Boston.
Hosted by "Ukulele Clare" Innes, who has taught hundreds of students to play the ukulele; and singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Rebecca Padula.
COST: $35 for access for at at least 1 year
IMPORTANT: Be sure to include your email address in the note section so I'll know where to send the link!
2. You will receive the class link as quickly as possible where you can view the video at your leisure. To download the file, email email@example.com.
We're old-fashioned here at Ukulele Clare Intergalactic Industries. We will jump on your order as soon as possible and get it into your hands as soon as we get it. Please be patient; it'll be worth it!