Chord Flow Workshop
Are you getting stuck behind slow-moving chords? Let's take care of that right here, right now! Smooth transitions among chords are vital roe playing songs that sound and feel right. We'll work on key concepts that you can apply to many chords and do some drills to take those chord changes from an idea in your head to quick, accurate action at your fingertips.
Whether you're just starting to play and want to amp up your speed, or you've been playing a while and want to shore up your foundational skills, this class will help you get there.
In this 1.5-hour workshop, we'll cover:
- Holding the uke - how you hold it can make a huge difference in the ease of playing
- How your entire arm participates in making chords
- Warmups and drills that can ease chord transitions
- Ways to train your fingers to learn a new chord
- Alternative chord fingerings
- Yep: We'll even take a peek at bar chords!
You will get the most out of this class if you can maintain a relatively steady basic down-up strum and can switch among the following chords with relative ease: C, D, F, G, G7, Am ... we'll start there and head off into the first steps of getting some more challenging chords under our fingers.
Led by "Ukulele Clare" Innes, who has taught hundreds of students to play the ukulele.
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 23 @ 6:30 p.m. EST
WHERE: Online via Zoom
COST: $25 - Includes access to the class video for at at least 1 year.